Student Travel Support
Thanks to the support of IEEE CS TCCC, a number of student travel awards will be available to support students from non US institutions to attend WoWMoM 2012.
Selection Criteria and Process
- The amount will be used for student travel-related expenses such as airfare, hotel, etc.
- Some priority may be given to student authors with accepted papers in WoWMoM 2012 who may not otherwise be able to attend due to budgetary constraints.
- All student travel awardees are required to register for the conference.
An application for a travel award will consist of the student’s vita, a letter from the student, and a letter from the student’s advisor.
The letter from the student should include:
- a brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date;
- a description of areas reflected in the WoWMoM 2012 program that would impact the student’s research; and
- why the conference attendance is important to the student.
In addition, the student’s advisor should send a letter of recommendation to the committee, including:
- confirmation that the student is a Ph.D. candidate in good standing;
- the suitability of the WoWMoM program material to the student’s research area;
- ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the conference;
- the strengths and potential contributions of the student; and
- availability of funds from other sources.
All applications must be sent to Sajal Das (das [at] uta.edu), Marco Conti (marco.conti [at] iit.cnr.it) and Yonghe Liu (yonghe [at] cse.uta.edu) by June 13, 2012. Notifications will be sent by June 18, 2012. Recipients will be required to accept the award by June 20, 2012.